The Fred Wells Show

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Fred Wells Show

Post  Charlotte on Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:18 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed this sweet and finely crafted gem of a show. This story of a little known figure in BC's history is told with elegant simplicity and strength, and the actor gives a powerful and sensitive performance as the title character. It brought to life a place I remember visiting with my family way back, and a lot of people will probably relate. The audience I was with was riveted. An engaging production that you should fit into your fringe plans, whether history is your thing or you are just looking for a fine performance.

Charlotte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Of prospecting and pancakes

Post  teenage aesthete on Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:40 am

What if we all followed Fred Wells' example and did what our hearts, interests, and "noses" told us? The world would no doubt be better if we could find our reward in a stack of pancakes. Entertaining, enlightening and uplifting, beautifully written, and lovely performance by the very accomplished James Douglas. Only wish it had a more evocative title, since he's not a household name outside of Wells BC. One of those "sleeper" shows you'll be glad you saw!

teenage aesthete

View user profile

Back to top Go down

monday magazine review:

Post  ratzel on Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:55 pm

If youíre engaged by intimate historical monologues that breathe new life into days gone by, donít miss this made-in-B.C. charmer about the man who brought hope to a faded part of the Cariboo and founded the town that bears his name. While the rest of the world was mired in the Great Depression, a retirement-age Fred Wells ignored the disbelief and scorn of others and followed his instincts to strike gold just outside of Barkerville, leaving behind a legacy of hope and trust that remains intact today. With a fascinating script by Danette Boucher (The Great Love of Queen Victoria) and a charming DeNiro-esque performance by James Douglas, this is a true story of honour and determination that canít help but inspire.

ratzel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Fred Wells Show

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top